Jeff and Nickie

Jeff and Nickie

Monday, October 18, 2010

October 2010

It has been a while since I last posted. I am great a starting posts and terrible about keeping them updated.

The Lord continues to bless us immensely thorugh His Word and the things that He has planned for us. More and more each day we realize what an Awesome Holy and Sovereign God we serve.

In September He gave us our 9th grandchild (8 boys and 1 girl). Sara and Dean had another baby boy (this makes 5) Jace Nicholas Colling. He is growing by leaps and bounds. I was able to be in the States for 3.5 weeks with my daughter and spending time with my other children and grandchildren as well. I treasure that time and the memories that were made!

Thanksgiving has come and gone here in Canada. I can't even begin to list the blessings God has given me. The greatest one is His love for me, the grace and mercy He has bestowed and most of all the price He paid for a wretch like me.

Who God is and what He has given me was driven home to my heart recently when someone I love very much said to me "I don't even know if I believe in God anymore". "I don't believe that the Bible is God Breathed". My heart was devastated and not just for this person who had lost his faith, but for my God and my Savior. Our Lord GOD has given so much and has been rejected so much.

Ministry is going well, we are enjoying the discipleship part of ministry so much. It is so exciting when God brings new ones into our lives. We have a hard time balancing a lot of our time and there have been hurt feelings that we are not giving as much time to friendships, but we know God called us to minister and that has to take preference over recreation and get-togethers with friends. We know if we do as God asks, He will take care of the circumstances.

Kittie and Kurt have set the wedding date, it will be May 7th. They would like to have a family wedding with just a few others who have watched them grow up. Even so, the invitation list has grown to 125. Kurt has a very large and wonderful family who mostly live in the area. So their desire of a small wedding is growing a bit...lol.

Soon all of our children will be married. Each one of them have grown tremendously in the past couple of years. We are so proud of them.

Sunnie and Justin recently suffered through a miscarriage and even though very heartbroken, handled it a very good way which deeply honored the Lord.

I have looked back at my blogs and realized they somewhat read like prayer letters...so many years of writing prayer letters has rubbed off a bit, I guess.



Ta-Ta for now...

No comments:

Post a Comment